A free two-day conference to rebuild the revolutionary socialist movement in the U.S.
Saturday and Sunday June 4 and 5, Online
Join revolutionary socialists from across the country and around the world to a free conference on rebuilding a revolutionary socialist movement in the United States.
The Revolutionary Socialism Conference (RSC) is a two-day event of panel presentations and discussions concerning the most critical issues facing revolutionary socialists and the question of organizing the class struggle today. The RSC focuses on the development of revolutionary theory and practice as an urgently needed political focus and orientation that is distinct from socialist reformism that has become the dominant expression on the political left.
The RSC aims to bring together members of existing organizations, collectives, groups, coworkers, individuals, and all who want to engage and exchange with others who align with a revolutionary socialist outlook or are moving in the direction towards revolutionary socialist politics, activism, and organization. Another intention of the conference is to create the groundwork for facilitating communication, coordinating action, and establishing methods of collaboration between groups and individuals across the country and beyond borders.
Schedule of meetings (times in Eastern Time):
Saturday, June 4th
- 12:45-1:00pm – Welcome, Introduction, and Conference Overview
- 1:00-2:20pm – From Palestine to Ukraine: Internationalism, Anti-Imperialism, and the US Left
- 2:30-3:45pm – The Dead End of Socialist Reformism
- 4:00-5:15pm – Revolutionary Abolitionism: Defund Police, Dismantle Prisons, Open Borders, Return the Land
- 5:20-6:50pm – The Revolutionary Party: What It Is, Why We Need It, and How We Build It In 2022
Sunday, June 5th
- 12:30-1:30pm – Capitalism in Crisis – Workers in Resistance
- 1:40-3:00pm – Unite and Fight the Right! Politics and Methods for Organizing Against Fascism
- 3:15-4:15pm – Liberation For All: Bodily Autonomy, Abortion Rights, and Trans Justice
- 4:20-5:20pm – Ecosocialism v. Green Capitalism: Why Revolution is Necessary to Stop Climate Catastrophe
- 5:25-6:45pm – Conference Conclusion and Next Steps
Conference is co-sponsored by:
- Revolutionary Socialist Organizing Project
- Revolutionary Socialist Network
- Tempest Magazine
- Denver Communists
- Workers Voice
- Seattle Revolutionary Socialists
- Boston Revolutionary Socialists
- Central Ohio Revolutionary Socialists